May 01, 2006
Project Analyst in Golden, Colorado
Job Announcement for Project Analyst in Golden, Colorado
For five consecutive years, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) have presented the Green Power Leadership Awards to green power purchasers, marketers, and suppliers, thereby raising awareness among the public of the availability of green power options and recognizing organizations that make exceptional contributions in supporting the development of green power markets. The National Awards is the ultimate competitive national recognition for the market-based deployment of renewable energy technologies. The sixth annual Green Power Leadership Awards will be held in conjunction with the Eleventh National Renewable Energy Marketing Conference in San Francisco on December 4, 2006.
The ideal candidate will be the lead in implementing a national awards program to recognize leading green power purchasers and suppliers. The candidate will benefit from support of a national organizing team for recommendations and guidance and a student intern. The successful candidate will be proactive, flexible, responsive and dedicated to all aspects of the project from start to finish.
The successful candidate will:
1. Create an organized intake procedure to process over 100 award nominations, develop a large Excel spreadsheet with information from the nominations, create individual forms for each nominee and copy supplemental materials for the mailing to Evaluators. (Jul, Aug)
2. Facilitate scheduling, staffing, materials and participate in two evaluation panels (one for suppliers and one for purchasers) to be implemented via video conference and conference phone. Work with IT department to set up video and conference lines. (June, July)
3. Communicate with nominees and winners by telephone and email to confirm winners and non-winners. (Aug)
4. Develop and produce ceremony materials, working with public relations or other staff designated by winners. These materials will include a video with voiceover, and a printed program. The candidate will work with a graphic designer and a video production studio to produce these materials. In addition, candidate will develop a press release and other media materials collaboratively with national PR team. (Sep, Oct, Nov)
5. Coordinate directly with the hotel conferences department, the conference organizer to assure proper timing, room set up, service, audio/visual and stage set up for the awards ceremony. (Sep, Oct, Nov)
6. Travel to San Francisco 2 days in advance of the ceremony to make sure physical awards, programs, and other arrangements are in place.
7. Implement the awards ceremony on-site at the Eleventh National Green Power Marketing Conference. (Dec)
8. Complete all follow up with press, photos to winners, and miscellaneous requests. All tasks covered by this position description shall be completed by January 31, 2007.
1. A masterís degree and a minimum of two years experience in public relations, public policy or related discipline.
2. Interest and knowledge of renewable energy, green power, and environmental studies is highly regarded.
3. The ability to manage successfully multiple, interconnected deadlines.
4. Excellent writing, copy editing, visual graphic capabilities a plus.
5. Strong work ethic.
6. Solid communications skills and ability to develop and lead teams as needed. A proven ability to interact with all levels of management.
7. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Explorer is required.
8. A working knowledge of Graphics software is desired.
9. Travel to San Francisco in early December is required.
This is a fulltime 6 month project on-site in a U.S. Department of Energy office in Golden, CO. We offer competitive hourly compensation without benefits. This project could continue into another project supporting the DOE office after December. Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to In Town Consulting, Attn: HR Manager, 245 Sherman St., Denver, CO 80203 or email to email@example.com.
Posted by ami at May 1, 2006 02:27 PM