Posted by: Roger Pielke, Jr.
The Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) has an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate under an NSF-sponsored project called Science Policy Assessment and Research on Climate that is investigating climate science policy. The position will be located in the CIRES Center for Science and Technology Policy Research at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
- Engage in original research that will characterize the supply of, demand for or reconciliation of supply and demand of climate information.
- Engage in original research on the relative sensitivity of anticipated climate impacts to various causal factors in a range of areas, possibly including, ecosystems, extreme events, water resources.
- Collaborate with colleagues within CIRES on research
- Collaborate with national and international partners
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed fora
- Assist and lead in the development of meetings and workshops in support of project objectives
- Contribute to other, related Center projects in research, education and outreach
- Recent Ph.D. in a related field.
- Knowledge of climate science and climate policies.
- Experience working on interdisciplinary projects.
- Demonstrated ability to present and perform on a professional level through use of excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team of researchers.
- Publication of articles in refereed journals and in the non-academic literature.
- Presentation of papers at national or international scientific meetings.
- International interests and experience
The position will be filled as a Research Associate in CIRES, University of Colorado at Boulder, and will be eligible for employee benefits, including 22 days of vacation per year. Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of interest with Job Code, and complete resume and salary history. In addition, the applicant should furnish the names of three individuals familiar with the applicant’s professional qualifications for the position to provide references.
To apply, e-mail (email@example.com), fax (303.492.1149), or mail information to:
CIRES Human Resources
Job Code PL-1
Boulder, CO 80309-0216
The University of Colorado at Boulder is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.