- Klein, R.A. and R.A. Pielke, Jr., 2002: Bad Weather? Then Sue the Weatherman! A review of legal liability for predictions and forecasts: Part I, Public Sector. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (submitted).
- Klein, R.A. and R.A. Pielke, Jr., 2002: Bad Weather? Then Sue the Weatherman! A review of legal liability for predictions and forecasts: Part II, Private Sector. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (submitted).
- Pielke, Jr., R. A., J. Rubiera, C. Landsea, M. Fernandez, and R. Klein, 2002: Hurricane Vulnerability in Latin America and the Caribbean, Natural Hazards Review (submitted).
- Pielke, Jr., R. A. 2002. Reducing vulnerability to hurricanes: what role for science and technology? Chapter 7 in R. Anthes, R. Simpson, and M. Garstang (eds.). Coping with hurricanes: A review of 20th century progress, (AGU: Washington, DC) (in press).
- Pielke, Jr., R. A., and R. Carbone, 2002: Weather Forecasts, Impacts and Policy: An Integrated Perspective, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (in press).
- Pielke, Jr., R. A. and R.A. Klein, 2001: Extreme Weather Sourcebook 2001 Edition, Environmental and Societal Impacts Group, National Center For Atmospheric Research and the American Meteorological Society, January
- Pielke, Jr., R. A. 2001. Report of a Workshop on Risk-Benefit Assessment of Observing System Decision Alternatives, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, June 2000, Boulder, CO.
- Pielke, Jr., R. A.,. 2001: Weather Research Needs of the Private Sector Workshop Report, U.S. Weather Research Program, Palm Springs. CA, December 2000.
- Stewart, T. R., R. Nath, and R. A. Pielke, Jr. 2001: Societal Value of Improved Precipitation Forecasts: A Case Study in Surface Transportation, Final report submitted to the Forecast Systems Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Hooke, W. H., and R. A. Pielke, Jr., 2000: Short-term weather prediction: an orchestra in search of a conductor. Chapter 5 in D. Sarewitz, R. A. Pielke, Jr., and R. Byerly (eds.), Prediction: Decision Making and the Future of Nature. Island Press: Washington, DC. 61-84.
- Pielke, Jr., R. A., 2000: Flood Impacts on Society: Damaging Floods as a Framework for Assessment. Chapter 21 in D. Parker (ed.), Floods. Routledge Press: London, 133-155.
- Pielke, Jr., R. A., M. Downton, J. Z. B. Miller, S. A. Changnon, K. E. Kunkel, and K. Andsager, 2000: Understanding Damaging Floods in Iowa: Climate and Societal Interactions in the Skunk and Raccoon River Basins, Environmental and Societal Impacts Group, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO, August.
- Pielke, Jr., R. A., and R. A. Pielke, Sr. (eds.), 2000: Storms: a volume in the nine-volume series of Natural Hazards & Disasters Major Works published by Routledge Press as a contribution to the International Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction. Routledge Press: London. (The Asian Disaster Management News, Vol. 6, No. 2 April-June 2000 has a book review of Storms online.)